Setting Up Your Art Space
You don't need to have a lot of space to get a lot out of your time art journaling. What's important is having your materials in one place, with easy access and easy cleanup. Here's what I suggest:
- Get a big bin to put your supplies in. Or a tiered rolling cart works well, too.
- Clear off an area of a table or desk (about 3' square is probably enough). Protect the table with plastic sheeting or some other protective layer.
- Place old file folders behind the pages you intend to work on. This protects the latter pages in the sketchbook from getting paint all over their edges and from glue (or Mod Podge) gluing all the pages together.
- Get a container for holding a little water, so that you can wash off your brushes as you use them.
- Get paper towels and baby wipes out so that you can easily clean up spills, your hands, and use them on the page, too.
- I like to have a trash can and a bag for recycling nearby, too, so that I can clean up as I go.