Art from the Heart: An Introduction to Art Journaling
On this private class page you'll find everything you need to begin your art journaling practice for our course. You will always need to use the password to access this page, so save it somewhere safe! This page and other course pages are not available to the general public.
Click the buttons below to get your materials list (in pdf format) and to join our private Facebook group.
Click the image to go to that lesson's page.
COURSE FLOW FAQ'S
1. When will we get the materials?
All materials are immediately available to you and will be available forever.
2. How is the course set up?
The course is set up in 16 segments -- three preparation lessons, one journaling prompts section, and twelve art journaling lessons.
3. Should I do the lessons in order or can I skip around?
I suggest following the flow of the course lessons as I've created this flow specifically to help you learn the art journaling process. If you want to stay with one lesson for longer than another lesson, please do! You may want to keep practicing or exploring a particular aspect of a technique.
4. How much time should I allot for each lesson?
That is completely up to you, as an individual. There are no rules around how much time to spend! That being said, I would allow for a couple hours per technique lesson (not including set up and clean up time) and less for the topic lessons. In general, though, I think an hour or so for art journaling is probably adequate.
5. Is there a specific time-frame in which we should do the work?
Your time is your own, meaning you will be able to access the information any time that works for you.
6. What do we need to do to get the most out of the course?
My suggestion is to watch the videos, read the webpages and prompts, and carve out some dedicated time for journaling. An added bonus is the Art from the Heart private Facebook group where you can post pictures of your pages and get feedback from me and other members of this beautiful community!
7. What if I get stuck in the middle of making a page?
Don't fret! It happens...sometimes more than others. I encourage you to post a photo of the page to the Facebook group, explain your "stuckness" and wait for the responses from myself and other members. Sometimes we just need to step away from our work to be able to move through those blocks. Sometimes, a helpful suggestion will guide us. Don't give up!
1. This is a private course and page, please do not share the password, links or videos with anyone outside this class. Thanks!
3. There is no right or wrong way to do art. We create to discover our inner essence. Please refrain from negative criticism of your work.
4. Art journaling stirs up many feelings. Be aware of your own feelings when you are engaged in this work.
5. All instructions in this course are always suggestions. You have the option not to do them. Be your own boss here!